Terms & Conditions
As a registered fundraiser for St John Giving, you must adhere to the following terms and conditions. Failure to conduct community fundraising activities in accordance with these terms and conditions may result in you being de-registered as a St John Giving fundraiser and prevented from conducting further community fundraising activities on behalf of St John Giving.
"Advertisers" means third-party operated websites.
"Community Fundraiser/Community Fundraising Event" means the act of holding an event or activity with the intention of raising funds on behalf of St John Giving.
"Letter of Authority" means the letter issued to a registered community fundraiser by St John Giving authorising them to conduct a fundraising event on behalf of St John Giving.
"Linked Sites" means third-party operated hyperlinks.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Fundraising Proposal Form, returning it by mail or email, and St John Giving approving the application in response.
“St John Giving” means the fundraising arm of St John WA.
"We/St John Giving/Promoter" means St John Ambulance Western Australia Ltd, ABN 55 028 468 715, 209 Great Eastern Highway, Belmont, WA. Phone: 08 9334 1222,
Website: www.stjohnwa.com.au. and www.stjohnwa.com.au/giving
Charitable Collections License Number: CC17999
"You"/ "Your"/ "Registered Fundraiser" means a person who has completed, in full, the Fundraising Proposal Form to conduct a fundraising event for St John Giving, and returned it to St John WA by post or email. Applicants are not authorised to host any activity of event until an Authority to Fundraise letter has been provided to them by St John Giving.
Terms and Conditions
- In order to conduct a community fundraising event for St John Giving, you must be a registered community fundraiser and have an official Authority to Fundraise letter issued by St John Giving for your community fundraising event or activity. This is required by law in most States and Territories in Australia. and is a requirement of fundraising for St John Giving.
- Application forms can be submitted to:
St John Giving
PO Box 183
- or by email to email@example.com. A Fundraising Proposal Form is available from the St John Giving website.
- St John Giving is located in St John WA’s Head Office in Belmont, managing fundraising on behalf of all St John WA offices and branches across Western Australia. All approvals must come from this office.
- St John Giving will not accept fundraising proposals from applicants residing outside of Western Australia.
- Applicants residing outside Western Australia can make online donations or sponsor a friend in Western Australia who is registered to do fundraising on behalf of St John Giving.
- The name of the applicant appearing on the Fundraising Proposal Form and Authority to Fundraise letter is the registered fundraiser, which makes them solely accountable for managing the community fundraising event or activity in an appropriate and responsible way. This includes deciding on the event or activity, date/s, venue and any associated costs in running the event. The registered fundraiser must notify St John Giving of any changes to their fundraising event in advance and must only fundraise for the period of time authorised by St John Giving.
- Registered fundraisers agree to pay all costs involved with running their fundraising event. Fundraising event costs are at the discretion of the registered fundraiser. St John Giving will not reimburse any person/s for any costs associated with a fundraising event.
- The registered fundraiser must keep records of income and expenditure, and may deduct any essential costs of organising the fundraising event so long as they are documented with receipts, and deemed by St John Giving to be fair and reasonable (e.g. you may deduct costs such as catering, venue, or equipment hire). Generally, St John recommends that your cost of fundraising is less than 30% of the funds raised.
- If St John Giving collects your personal information, St John will send you information about how St John collects and uses your personal information and your privacy rights. Information about your privacy is available here: https://stjohnwa.com.au/privacy-policy
- St John Giving will provide registered community fundraisers with access to resources that can be downloaded to assist with their event.
- Registered community fundraisers need to comply with any obligations under applicable legislation and/or regulations in Western Australia. You may be responsible for organising permits, licenses, insurance or obtaining an authority to fundraise where necessary for fundraising activities such as raffles or competitions. This information will be available from your state government or local council and obtaining these permits is the responsibility of the community fundraiser and not St John WA. For all gaming, trading, racing, licensing, promotional and fundraising requirements, please check legislation by contacting:
- Department of Gaming, Racing and Liquor (Western Australia)
PH: 08 9425 1888
- St John Giving and St John WA accept no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from any community fundraising event or activity. It is the responsibility of the registered community fundraiser to ensure the safety of themselves and any attendees of their fundraising event. Registered community fundraisers are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any appropriate insurance for their community fundraising event, including public liability insurance. Please contact the Donor Care Specialist at St John Giving to determine what minimum insurance requirements might apply, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- St John WA's public liability insurance does not cover people who choose to fundraise on our behalf. We are not liable for assessing or managing any risks associated with the community fundraising event you are organising.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you must be registered on behalf of a parent or guardian to undertake any fundraising activities or host a community fundraising event on behalf of St John Giving.
The registered community fundraiser must keep all the money raised by the fundraising event, securely. Full records of the amount raised, along with the money, need to be securely deposited back to St John within 14 days after the community fundraising event takes place. Call the fundraising team at St John on 08 9334 8258 or email email@example.com for more information on how to deposit donations.
Donors who make a donation of A$2 or more through the specific community fundraisers’ “funraisin page” (as recommended by St John Giving fundraising team) will be automatically issued with a receipt at the time of making their donation. Donors who make a donation of A$2 or more, other than through our websites, must be issued with a receipt by the community fundraiser if requested
- Registered community fundraisers are required to return any physical receipt booklets, whether they have been used or not, within 28 days after the completion of their community fundraising event. The receipted dollar value must not exceed the funds raised. If a receipt booklet is lost or stolen, a Statutory Declaration must be completed stating this and returned with payment in place of the receipt book. It is a criminal offence to write false tax receipts, and/or make a false declaration.
- The registered community fundraiser must ensure St John Giving is clearly identified as the beneficiary of the funds raised. Where possible, the registered community fundraiser must detail the amount or proportion of funds raised that will be donated to St John Giving.
- The registered community fundraiser must not approach the general public with door-to-door, street, or telephone collections as part of the fundraising event. If the registered community fundraiser would like to hold a street collection as part of their fundraising activity, they must gain approval from St John Giving as additional resources and permits are required.
- Registered community fundraisers must not use the St John Giving logo to advertise or conduct the community fundraising event except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by St John or with written approval from the organisation. You must not do anything which might bring St John WA into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for St John WA.
- You must disclose any previous criminal convictions to St John WA when you apply to fundraise on behalf of St John Giving. Although these may not prevent you from being able to organise a fundraising activity, they will be taken into account when assessing the suitability of the activity and yourself as the organiser. You must also must disclose any criminal charges brought against you during the period in which you are authorised to fundraise for St John Giving.
- You agree to release to St John Giving to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with the community fundraising event, and indemnify St John for all liability or costs that may arise in respect to any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person or property in any way associated with the activity caused by your breach of these terms and conditions or your negligence.
- St John Giving reserves the right to withdraw your authority to organise a community fundraising event at any time, if it appears to St John WA that the community fundraising event may negatively affect the image or reputation of St John WA or if St John WA believes there's a likelihood of you not meeting any of these Terms and Conditions.
- St John Giving does not warrant that stjohnwa.com.au/giving will operate error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful, or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. If your use of the website results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, St John WA cannot be held liable for any associated costs.
- St John WA does not and cannot be involved in your interaction with linked sites and advertisers from stjohnwa.com.au. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more linked sites or advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, St John WA is exempt from liability for any claims, demands, or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
- St John Giving may amend these terms and conditions at any time and upon amending them we will re-post them to the organisation’s websites and notify registered fundraisers by email. Registered community fundraisers be will bound by the amended Terms and Conditions from that time.
- If you are fundraising for a specific appeal and the funds raised exceed the amount required to meet needs, or if there are changes in circumstances beyond St John Giving's control, St John Giving will direct excess funds to respond to other not-for-profit need priorities of the organisation.
- St John Giving reserves the right to not accept donations from individuals or organisations that are considered to be in alignment with the values of St John WA. Fundraisers must, where possible, exclude such donors from any approach for donations.