Our commitment to you
St John WA is deeply committed to its donors and remains dedicated to treating friends and supporters with the highest level of care and respect. The Donor Charter is to reassure donors and potential donors of the integrity and accountability of St John WA’s fundraising efforts.
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors, will:
- Be informed of St John WA's mission, how it intends to use donated resources, and the capacity to use donations for their intended purpose. Unrestricted gifts will be employed to support the most beneficial need by our fundraising focus, building resilience from the ground up.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in its governing responsibilities.
- Have access to the organisations most recent financial statements.
- Be guaranteed that your gifts will be utilised as per our mission statement.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that all donations are handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all parties handling your gift will do so professionally, with care and respect.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are employees, volunteers or third-party agencies.
- Have available the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be removed from mailing lists and to be informed if the organisation intends to share its mailing list with third parties.
- Receive prompt, honest and forthright answers to questions you might have of the organisation.
St John WA is registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC). Eligible tax-deductible donations have Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) status with the Australian Tax Office. You can make a donation via the different options above.
St John WA adheres to the Fundraising Institute of Australia (FIA) Code of Conduct which upholds ethical fundraising practices.